Friday, December 9, 2011

Omigosh! The month is half over and I have not posted!

Please forgive me, I have not blogged in years so I got a bit busy (ok really busy) and forgot about posting...Yes of course I've been crafty, so I will work my way backwards starting today.

Today I was really wanting something sweet, so I went to my cupboards and looked through my vast ingredients, lol, I settled on some cookie dough. Flour, crisco sticks (instead of butter, are they really better for you?), brown sugar, white sugar, ectracts....yep got it all, but then I saw the half used bag of cake batter from making my cake batter mousse, and thought why not. I had also used it to make some cake batter cookie dough once but I didn't really like the outcome of that. In case you are not familiar with these, it's cookie batter made to be eaten RAW, no eggs are involved, they are NOT meant to be baked, that would not turn out well.

So I started out with my usual cookie batter dough recipe:
1 & 1/2 tbs butter (I use Crisco butter flavored sticks - not really sure if this is better for me or not)
1 Tbs brown sugar ( I use light brown and have used solely brown before no white and it is yummy)
1 Tbs white sugar
Instead of my usual 3 tbsp flour I used 3 tbsp cake batter (French Vanilla)
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp Butter Vanilla Emulsion (you can use Vanilla Extract if you do not have emulsion**)
While this mixed well it was too runny for me, so I added 1/2 tablespoonsful of flour until it reached the consistency I wanted (2 tbsp)

Then I mixed in red, white & green Christmas sprinkles and topped with holly and berry sprinkles. This made 2 servings of what I call Christmas Dough. Next time I make make a special cinnamon swirl and hope it taste a bit like a snickerdoodle. (My plans for this are to separate out about 1/3 of the batter before adding in the 2 additional tbsp of flour and adding cinnamon and possibly a bit more sugar to this, then swirling it into the finished batter)



**What is a baking "emulsion"?  Emulsions are water-based,  alcohol-free alternatives to extracts.  Instead of using alcohol, the flavor is micro encapsulated in natural stabilizers and suspended in water.  The encapsulation enables the flavor to not lose its integrity when exposed to high heat. 
Which means....
Use baking emulsions instead of extracts with better results!



You can get emulsions in many places, I found mine on clearance at TJMaxx, but you can order direct here

No comments:

Post a Comment